TOP-A0704 TOP FLITE Giant Scale Corsair ARF
Giant Scale Corsair ARF .
Over 12,000 Corsairs were built during its eleven-year history — a number which ranks it as one of the most popular and recognizable fighters of WWII. It was instrumental in breaking the Zero’s air superiority in the Pacific theatre and earned the nickname “Whistling Death” for its fighting effectiveness. Despite the Corsair’s popularity, the work required to build the gull wing prevented many R/C pilots from flying one — until now. Gold Edition ARF engineering has reduced months of building work to just hours of simple assembly, and created a convenient way to enjoy the “bent-wing” bird on a giant scale.
- Construction: Balsa and plywood with molded-in panel and cowl flap lines
- Covering: Top Flite flat finish MonoKote
- Wings: Balsa and ply with aluminum wing joiners, main landing gear is located on inner wing panel and remains in place when the outer panels are removed allowing the fuselage to be walked to and from the field
- Aileron Control: Dual servo, prehinged flaps on center section and outer panel are linked with a phenolic tab, once linked they function as one surface requiring only one servo per wing half
- Cowl: Painted fiberglass with hidden mounting screws and replica radial engine with pushrod tubes and spark plug wires
- Cockpit: Detailed instrument panel with recessed gauges
- Tail Cone: Painted fiberglass
- Spinner: Two-piece machined aluminum hub
- Gasoline Tank: Approximately 24oz (720cc)
- Wheels: 4.5″ (114mm) diameter main wheels, 2″ (51mm) tail wheel treaded rubber **Does not include fixed landing gear** Strut covers and functional tail wheel doors with reinforced mounts for Robart landing gear (not included)
- Practice flying this aircraft in the RealFlight® simulator.
Needed to Complete
- Radio: 7-channel minimum
- Servos: (3) standard, (8) high torque Standard Servo for Air Control Valve (if using retracts) Standard Servo for Throttle Standard Servo for optional Choke (2) Servos w/at least 99 oz-in torque for Elevators (2) Servos w/at least 99 oz-in torque for Rudder (2) Servos w/at least 99 oz-in torque for Ailerons (2) Servos w/at least 99 oz-in torque for Flaps
- Servo Extensions: 24″ (610mm): Four heavy duty for ailerons and flaps 6″ (152mm): Two heavy duty
- Y-Harness: Three depending on reciver and number of channels used
- Receiver Battery: At least
- Flaps 1-1/2″ (38mm) 30° .0 – 4.0 cu in (50 – 55cc) gasoline powered, 2″ (51mm) Engine Standoffs required if using the O.S. GT60 engine
- Building and field equipment
What’s in the box?
- (1) ARF Giant Scale Gold Edition F4U Corsair, Matte Finish Decals, Radial Engine Details, Tail Cone, Cowl, Wheels, Cockpit Interior, Work/Display Stand, and Foam Work Mat
- (1) User Manual
- Radio: 7-channel minimum
- Wing Area: 1376 in² (88.8 dm²)
- Weight: 23-25 lb (10.43-11.34 kg)
- Wing Loading: 39-42 oz/ft² (119-128 g/dm²)
- Length: 70″ (1780mm)
- Center of Gravity (CG): 5-3/4″ (146mm) back from the leading edge of torque for Flaps
- Control Throws: High Rate / Low Rate
- Elevator 3/4″ (19mm) 11° 1/2″ (13mm) 7°
- Rudder 2-1/4″ (57mm) 22° 1-3/4″ (44mm) 17°
- Ailerons 1″ (25mm) 21° 3/4″ (19mm) 16°
- Flaps 1-1/2″ (38mm) 30° .0 – 4.0 cu in (50 – 55cc) gasoline powered, 2″ (51mm) Engine Standoffs required if using the O.S. GT60 engine Building and field equipment
- Distance between Firewall & Cowl Opening: 7-1/8″ (181mm)
GREAT PLANES F-1 Rocket Evo .46-.55 EP Sport Scale ARF
F1 Rocket Evo Sport Scale Airplane.
Wing Area: 448 sq in (28.9 sq dm)
Wing Loading: 31 oz/sq ft (95 g/sq dm)
Length: 44″ (1120mm)
Weight: 6-7 lbs (2.7-3.1 kg)
Solid sport performance with speed on tap
The F-1 Rocket EVO is modeled after a full-size “kit” plane inspired by the popular series of homebuilt RV aircraft. The model offers predictable flying characteristics and the ability to perform all popular sport aerobatics with ease. The recommended glow or electric power systems are both affordable and capable, and a colorful MonoKote trim scheme is pre-applied to this all-wood model.
- Quick and easy assembly
- Fiberglass cowl and wheel pants, plus installed pilot figure
- Can be equipped with glow or electric power
We don’t know when or if this item will be back in stock.
Please E-Mail Us.
Viks Hobbies @ Models
Have a great day.