RC Nitro Planes.
Hangar 9 25 J-3 Cub RC Plane, ARF
Contact us if you want one.
- Full-bodied, posable pilot figure
- Scale dash including Cub in tachometer
- Scale Cub wheels and functioning landing gear
- Operating door panels and removable interior seating for easy access to the plane’s interior
- Collapsible wing struts connected to wing and fuselage with an intelligent pin and cotter key system
- Tubular construction for top outline more true-to-Cub scale lines
- Scale fin to fuselage fillet
- Covered in genuine Hangar 9® UltraCote®
Large scale air enthusiast will marvel at the Hangar 9 giant-scale, super detailed J-3 Cub. The Cub is perfect for a first-time large scale flight experience because of its smooth flight characteristics.
Hangar 9 has thought of just about everything to make this 1/4-scale Cub an incredibly accurate replica of the ever-popular Piper J-3 Cub. Right down to the scale dash with Piper Cub emblem in the tachometer, this is the large scale beauty designed with the scale admirer in mind. Scale enthusiasts will appreciate the more realistic Cub outline facilitated by simulated scale tubular construction of the top fuselage contour. Likewise, the scale fin-to-fuselage fillet molding echoes its full-scale counterpart. The scale Cub wheels and working landing gear facilitate easier landings, touch-and-go excitement and one-wheel arrivals.
Scale fanatics will be astonished by the full-bodied pilot figure that is not only of accurate scale but is also posable. The operating door panels offer easy access to the interior of the plane and interior seating locks to the cockpit floor yet is also removable; both also contribute to the scale realism of the full-size Cub.
Besides the unparalleled scale detail, you also get smart design features like collapsible wing struts that are connected to the wing with a pivoting pin and keeper, while a pin and cotter key system allows the struts to be removed from the fuselage without hassle. The 2-piece stab can also be removed if necessary.
The J-3 Cub can also be transformed by luxury of gas-and-go by adding a Zenoah G20ei engine (ZENE20EI).
If you like this plane, you should also check out the .40-size Hangar 9 Piper.
- Engine. We recommend the Evolution 20GX (EVOE20GX)
- Radio. We recommend the Spektrum DX8 (SPMR88101)
- Receiver. We recommend the Spektrum AR7610 (SPMAR7610)
- Servos. We recommend the Spektrum A6150 servos (SPMSA6150)
- Wingspan106 in (269 cm)Overall Length68 in (172.7 cm)Wing Area1630 sq in (150.2 sq dm)Flying Weight14.5–16.5 lb (6.6–7.5 kg)Engine Size1.00–1.60 2-stroke; 1.20–1.80 4-stroke; 20–26cc gasMotor SizeE-flite Power 110 Brushless OutrunnerRadio4 to 6 channelsServos6 JR Hi-Torque (JRPS821) digital servosTrim Scheme ColorsCub Yellow (HANU884) & Black (HANU874)CG (center of gravity)4.0 to 4.75 inches from the leading edge of the wing at fuselageWing Loading21.73 oz/sq ftProp Size15x8–16×6 for gas; 14×6–16×4 for 2-stroke; 16×6–18×6 for 4-stroke; 19x8E for electricSpinner Size8mm x 1.25Recommended Battery4S 4000 – 5000mAh Li-Po, 2 required for electric conversionAileron5/8 in—up; 1/2 in—downElevator7/8 in—up/downRudder1 ½ in—left/rightScale25%
- Nil Stock. Our wholesale supplies could have this plane in stock. Please email Us.
- Need More Information on this Nitro Plane. Contact Us.